Monday, December 3, 2007

Tour of Aspen Lake

A Tour of Lake Aspen


Lake Aspen doesn’t have much of a town to speak of. Their ‘town’ consists of a garage,a coffee shop and an old motel. It is a true summer vacation town that only exists three months of the year.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




The town consists of three areas. The Ridge, where the new developments are beginning to happen, as the newly rich decide they want to live in a permanent vacation…

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



The lower slope, where a few die hard folk maintain their summer homes year around…


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And the Upper Slope, where only a few stubborn farmers hang on to their land.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Will the new developments change the look of this little vacation town, turning it ‘commercial’ as the locals fear, or will it be able to maintain its small town charm?

3 comments:

SirenPrincess said...

This is a lovely neighborhood. The neighborhood itself looks awesome. Is it custom? Did you download it or make it yourself?

I also really like all of your families. They are all so pretty. It will be interesting to follow.

Layla Sims Webb said...

Very interesting so far. I really like the layout of the neighborhood. But tell me, how did you lay cobblestone for the roads and still be able to have cars drive on it? I never saw that before.

splayle said...

Its actually a hack I got (I think) mod the sims 2. It changes the default road to cobblestone. There are a couple of different hacks, one for grass and one for dirt I think.

Sirenpricness: The neighbourhood is the threelakes base neighbourhood with CC downtown buildings I found and some houses that I built myself.